The CASA Discovery Session
Understanding that you or a loved one might need some support to remain living independently might have been prompted by a GP, a deterioration of a condition, a recent hospital admission, a breakdown of existing arrangements, or any other manner of circumstances. What matters is that we work together to identify your requirements now.
This is where the CASA Discovery Session is so important.
Carried out with you, by one of our trained senior managers, the CASA Discovery Session involves:
- Home assessment visits;
- Preparation of an agreed person centred plan with you and others as appropriate;
- A comprehensive risk assessment, addressing your specific needs and situation;
- Care worker selection and allocation – where possible we build a team around you to ensure continuity and better provision.
This plan is then reviewed within the first 6 weeks then at least every 3 months.
In devising support packages, we focus on your needs, strengths and what you want to do.
Having established this, we take you through three main steps:
- Identifying your goals;
- Working out the steps that are needed to reach those goals;
- Establishing what support will help you along the way.