Paying For Care

Paying For Care

If you, or a member of your family, need care and support you may be entitled to help with the cost. You will need to contact your local Council, who has a duty to assess your care needs.

This assessment is carried out by a social worker or social care officer to establish:

  • Whether you have care needs, for example as a result of disabilities or health problems
  • Whether you are eligible for financial help from the council
  • If you are eligible, how those needs can be met

For many people with eligible needs, the local Council will provide a personal budget, which is a way of giving people choice and control over the care services they receive.

Personal Budget

A personal budget is an allocation of funding given to someone after his or her needs have been assessed. You can either take your personal budget as a direct payment, or leave the Council with the responsibility to commission the services. You have a choice about how you organise and manage your Personal Budget

Of course, whether or not you are entitled to support from the Council, we can meet with you to talk about the many ways that we can help. You may wish to purchase support from CASA directly, or simply think through all of the available options. We often meet with families and individuals, without any obligation, to support them with the decisions they have to make, through our CASA Discovery Sessions.


“I have been working for CASA for just over a year now. I thoroughly enjoy my role. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my clients each day and knowing that I am doing something good which allows them to live independently in their own homes.”

Andrea Gains
More Testimonials

Looking for Care?

Get in touch to arrange a CASA Discovery Session today.

Find out more

Fancy Working With Us?

If you think you’ve got what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.

Check our vacancies

Get in Touch

We’d love to find out how we can help.

Contact us now